This GivingTuesday unlock dignity, opportunity and equity for refugees by sharing your refugee giving story, supporting local refugee-serving and refugee-led organizations + amplifying refugee voices!
#RefugeesGive aims at celebrating the generosity within the refugee community to help individuals and organizations use the power of social media to change the beneficiary narrative and drive giving.
Join individuals and organizations around the world in showcasing how generosity is a universal value breaking down stigmas and misconceptions about refugees in their host communities.
Do you identify as a refugee or former refugee? Storytelling is your superpower!
- Film a quick video on selfie mode or post a picture on social media to share how you give back to your community and why this is important to you. It’ll inspire others to give!
- Tag us at #RefugeesGive, #GivingTuesday and #MyGivingTuesday. And also #MyGivingStory!
Are you a non-profit organization? Align your year-end plans with #RefugeesGive
- Use your social media platforms and the hashtag ‘#RefugeesGive’ to uplift the voices of refugees in the communities you serve.
- Educate your audience on your locations + areas of work to drive support.
- Share how others can become micro-influencers for your GivingTuesday campaign.
- People want to do good: give them lots of ways to do so! Share a list on your website + social media on how people can support your cause and be a part of #RefugeesGive.
If you would like the toolkit for #RefugeeGives, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if you will be participating. We will all make a difference together!
Photo credit: Photo by Ketut Sbiyanto from Pexels